Our Program for infant-Toddlers (aged 10 months-3 years) invites children on a daily adventure in an active, safe, Loving and secure environment.
Fernie Childcare Society is more than just a place where children receive care. Our program provides children specialized attention and opportunities to develop through play. Our staff is trained in infant/toddler care, and health and safety measures specifically for an infant/toddler classroom. Teachers also regularly attend professional development seminars and courses to keep themselves inspired, fresh and up to date with current research and teaching techniques.
The Infant and Toddler Child Care Program Offers:
- A comfortable, nurturing environment focusing on healthy development, socialization, emotional security, and the learning of new skills.
- Sensitive and responsive caregivers trained in the unique needs of infants and toddlers.
- A bright, cheerful, clean environment with developmentally appropriate toys and crafts.
- Continuity of care with consistent and friendly staff.
- A daily routine that balances teacher and child-initiated experiences.
- Specialized attention including: cuddling, rocking, singing, speaking with and being read to.
- Daily outdoors and active play.
- Social and friendly meal and snack times.
- Cozy and safe sleeping space.
- Feedback onchild's eating, sleeping, diapering, activities, and mood throughout the day.
- Support and encouragement for parents and families.
We want you to know what your children are learning and how they are developing. We have an open door policy as we want parents and family to feel comfortable that they can make suggestions, give us ideas or help out with our program wherever they have the interest!